Photos are memories of precious moments. So preserving them should be our first priority. There was a time when camera phones did not exist. In those days photos were taken on actual cameras. After capturing the photos the film needs to be developed. Now we have camera phones which save time and efforts.
Now those old photos are in danger. To show those pictures to your grand grand children you are required to save them. Otherwise they won’t know how you looked when you were young.
List of Best Scanners For Photos
Photos scanners are a simple way to turn your old pictures into digital ones. Do you have some photographs that are damaged and have lost their quality? There is no need to panic as modern photo scanners have the ability to enhance low quality images.
Another plus point of the photo scanner is their long shelf life. Many photo scanners have functionality to remove scratches from the pictures. Here in this guide we will list 10 best scanners for photos. All these scanners are specially designed for photos, therefore, they provide high resolution. Use them with photos and the result will amaze you. These scanners capture even small details of the photo.
- Enjoy high speed scanning in as fast as 8 seconds, with the included USB Type-C cable. With USB Type-C the Cano scan lied 400 has one cable for data and power.
- Preserve detailed photos and images thanks to 4800 x 4800 dpi resolution, and with image enhancements, such as color restore and dust removal, Your photos will continue to look great.
- Enjoy ease of use with ‘EZ’ Buttons. With auto scan mode, the Scanner automatically detects what you are scanning; built-in PDF buttons, scan and save multi-page pdf’s that are editable and searchable.
- Paper size: 8.27 x 11.69, 8.50 x 11.69.
- High quality scanning for photos and documents : 4800 dpi optical resolution (1) for amazing clarity and detail.
- Preserve priceless memories: Restore, archive and share family photos for generations to come.
- Scan to Google Drive and other cloud services (2): Epson Document Capture Pro and Easy Photo Scan software included.
- Convenient: Easy to use buttons for scan jobs, plus a space saving built in kickstand for vertical placement.
- Scan over sized prints, documents and artwork : ArcSoft Scan n Stitch Deluxe 2 included (3).
- Restore color to faded photos: With one click, Easy Photo Fix technology makes it simple.
- Scan books and photo albums: High rise, removable lid.
- Scan documents quickly and easily with fast scanning up to 10 seconds.
- Digitize documents and images thanks to 2400 x 2400 dpi resolution, and with image enhancements, such as fade correction and dust reduction, your photos will continue to look great.
- Enjoy ease of use with 4 ‘EZ’ buttons. With auto scan mode, the Scanner automatically detects what you’re scanning; Built in PDF button, easily scans and saves pdf’s that are editable and searchable.
- Professional large-format scanning — accommodates reflective media up to 12. 2″ X 17. 2″, Plus slides, negatives and transparency strips.
- Extraordinary image quality — 2400 x 4800 dpi resolution, micro Step drive technology and a 3. 8 Dmax for brilliant clarity and detail.
- Enhanced color with the colorful II imaging system — combines superior image processing, a fast warm-up LED lamp, and Epson MatrixCCD technology for bold, vibrant scans.
- One-touch color restoration — Epson’s exclusive easy photo fix technology restores faded color photos and negatives in a snap and offers automatic dust removal and grain reduction for Film scanning.
- Included transparency unit — scans up to 48 frames of 35mm negatives, 30 slides, eight frames of 4″ X 5″ Transparencies or six medium-format transparency strips up to 18 cm long.
- Everyday scanning for photos and documents — 4800 dpi optical resolution (1) for amazing clarity and detail.
- Scan and share on cloud services (3) — includes Epson Easy Photo Scan software for scanning to Evernote and more.
- Fast speeds — Best scanners for photos scan letter-sized documents in as few as 10 seconds.
- Easy-to-use buttons — scan to email or create PDFs.
- Save space — built-in kickstand for vertical placement.
- USB powered — no AC adapter required.
- The easiest way to scan photos and documents. Supports 3×5, 4×6, 5×7, and 8×10 in sizes photo scanning but also letter and A4 size paper. Optical Resolution is up to 600 dpi ( PS: two setting: 300dpi/ 600dpi).
- Fast and easy, 2 seconds for one 4×6 photo and 5 seconds for one 8×10 size photo@300dpi. You can easily convert about 1000 photos to digitize files in one afternoon and share with your family or friends.
- More efficient than a flatbed scanner. Just insert the photos one by one and then scan. This makes ePhoto much more efficient than a flatbed scanner.
- Powerful Image Enhancement functions included. Quickly enhance and restore old faded images with a click of the mouse. Advanced editing functions are also available when needed. (restore function need download V2 version).
- ePhoto Z300 works with both Mac and PC : Supports Windows 7/8/10 , Mac OS X 10.8.x to 10.15.x . User can download the latest version on Plustek website.
- The Epson Perfection V600 Photo delivers outstanding quality scans from photos, film, slides and everyday documents.
- With 6400 x 9600 dpi resolution, this high performance scanner ensures precision film scanning for sharp, vivid reproductions up to 17″ x 22″.
- Featuring DIGITAL ICE for both film and prints, one-touch color restoration and Arc Soft Photo Studio, this scanner provides a complete photo restoration solution.
- Best scanners for photos with optical density of 3.4 dmax.
- 6400 x 9600 DPI scanning.
- Epson sasy photo fix.
- World’s Fastest Personal Photo Scanner(1) scan thousands of photos as fast as 1 photo per second at 300 dpi(2).
- Preserve your priceless photos safe touch technology for worry free scanning upto 8.5 inches wide, plus postcards, Polaroid photos and panoramas.
- Second Generation Epson Fast Foto Software Scan, Restore, Organize and Share precious memories; Offers intelligent file organization tools.
- Flexible scanning offers modes for easy sharing (300 dpi), archiving (600 dpi TIFF) and enlarging (1200 dpi(4)); Handles multiple sizes in one batch.
- Powerful Document Scanning includes Epson ScanSmart Software with OCR; Scan receipts, tax records, wills and more, up to 45 ppm/90 ipm(5).
- Easy to Connect includes both USB and wireless connectivity for flexible placement; Perfect picture imaging system bring new life to old photos with auto enhancement, color restoration, red eye reduction, de skew, crop, rotate.
- Easy Auto Upload and Backup instantly share your memories as you scan via Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Single Step Technology capture both the image and any handwritten notes on the back in a single scan; Operating Temperature: 41degree to 95 degree F (5 degree to 35 degree C).
- Double-sided scanning with advanced paper feeding system. Scan your documents, business cards, receipts, and photos.
- Large, easy to use 4. 3 inch touch screen allows you to easily scan to your preferred destinations. Scan to Google Drive, Dropbox, desktop folder, and more.
- Connects via USB cable or Wi-Fi (2. 4 and 5 GHz). You can scan via Wi-Fi to your laptop, tablet, or smartphone device.
- Built in software organizes and cleans up your documents with automatic cropping, blank page deletion, and more.
- Scanning speed of up to 30 ppm, with 50 page automatic document feeder (ADF). Optical resolution of up to 600 dpi.
- Pro quality color & detail – get unparalleled scans W/ 6400 dpi resolution & Adv.
- Remarkable tonal range – 4.0 Dmax for smooth gradations & fine Shadow detail.
- Exclusive dual lens system – selects from 2 lenses for optimum results.
- Operating systems: Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows XP professional x64 Edition and Mac OS X 10.6.X, 10.7.X, 10.8.X, 10.10.X.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best scanner to scan old photos?
10TechGuide’s top picks for best scanners for photos;
- Epson Perfection V39 Color Photo & Document Scanner
- Canon CanoScan Lide 400 Slim Scanner
- Canon CanoScan Lide 300 Scanner
- Epson Expression 12000XL-PH Flatbed Scanner
- Epson Perfection V850 Pro Scanner
Is it better to scan or photograph old photos?
Yes, it is better to scan old photos. Scanners produce clear and precise digitized version of old photographs. While picture of printed photographs taken on smartphones look sloppy and unprofessional.
How do I convert old photos to digital?
The best way to convert old photos to digital ones is through photo scanner. Not only scanners convert photos into digital version but also offer restoration for crumpled and damaged images.
Photos keep memories alive. So take care of your memories and digitize them with the help of a photo scanner. Photo scanners offer restoration for damaged and faded images. Investing in a good quality scanner is not a bad deal when you get in return high quality image. All the above mentioned scanners have different features. We encourage you to read the guide complete and then make a purchase.