GPS running watches help you track your progress. These watches provide information during run and afterwards. Powerful GPS watches have sport-specific attributes. You want to get the most out of your training session than a GPS running watch helps you keep track of the entire day. Top-notch apps keep track of your stats so that you can measure your progress. Stats will aid you in staying motivated.
But the problem is there are tons of GPS watches out there. It is hard to find the best GPS running watch. To help you we have prepared a list of top GPS watches after extensive research on different features.
List of GPS Running Watch
GPS watches come in different shapes and sizes. Traditional GPS watches are for casual runners. But what if you are preparing for a marathon. Obviously, then you’ll need a dedicated running watch. Unlike traditional watches, running watches prices varies according to their functions.
Consider spending on running watches as a sizable investment that will benefit you in the long run. Therefore, choosing the right one is essential. Whether you are purchasing the watch for the first time or you’re looking for an updated model, there are certain factors to consider. Like wifi-compatibility, altimeter, barometer, maps, running metrics, sport modes etc.
Read the following review guide to select the best fit.
- Easily download up to 500 songs to your watch, and connect with Bluetooth headphones (sold separately) for phone free listening.
- Syncs music from select streaming services for offline listening (May require premium subscription with a third party music provider).
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution lets you make convenient payments with your watch (available for supported cards from participating banks), so you can leave your cash and cards at home.
- Provides advanced running dynamics (when used with Running Dynamics Pod or HRM Run or HRM Tri monitor, sold separately), including ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more.
- Uses estimated wrist based heart rate data to offer performance monitoring features, including evaluating your current training status.
- Battery life: Up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 5 hours in GPS mode with music. Water rating: 5 ATM.
- GPS running watch (smartwatch) with advanced training features.
- Evaluates your current training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it; offers additional performance monitoring features.
- Get free adaptive training plans from Garmin Coach, or create your own custom workouts on our Garmin Connect online fitness community.
- Provides advanced running dynamics, including ground contact time balance, stride length, vertical ratio and more (when used with Running Dynamics Pod or HRM Run or HRM Tri monitors (sold separately)).
- Safety and tracking features include incident detection (during select activities) which sends your real time location to emergency contacts through your paired compatible smartphone.
- Customize with free watch faces, apps and more from our Connect IQ store.
- Battery life: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; up to 24 hours in GPS mode.
- Stainless steel bezel finish with sapphire glass.
- Superior battery life with up to 24 days of regular use, 25 hours in full GPS mode and 80 hours in UltraMax GPS mode.
- Built-in Wrist-based heart rate monitor, barometer, altimeter, and compass. Water resistant up to 100 Meters/328 Feet.
- Digital Knob for easy operation by allowing full control of the watch with a single finger.
- Industry leading GPS and distance tracking via GPS, GLONASS or BDS satellites and proprietary algorithms even in dense woods with direct integration with popular 3rd party training platforms like Strava, TrainingPeaks, Relive, Final Surge and Runalyze.
- ULTRA-LONG BATTERY LIFE: The Polar Vantage V Multisport Watch has up to 40 hours of training time with GPS active. As a premium, durable, and waterproof watch, the Vantage V can stand up to your toughest training and grueling races.
- POLAR PRECISION PRIME HEART RATE: Poplar’s heart rate monitor watches redefine the gold standard in optical heart rate accuracy by combining the latest in bio-impedance electrodes and optical sensors.
- ADVANCED RUNNING POWER: Accelerate the effectiveness and precision of your training with running power. Captured for the first time EVER directly from the wrist, the Vantage V can help fine-tune your effort. This is the ultimate activity tracker.
- TRAINING LOAD PRO: The Vantage V is the ultimate fitness tracker, separating cardio load, muscle load and perceived load. Poplar’s Training Load Pro provides an unparalleled look into how your training affects your body.
- RECOVERY PRO: Recovery Pro allows your fitness watch to take into account factors outside of training that can influence recovery, providing a holistic view of not only what you’ve done, but what you can do next for optimal results.
- Suunto 9: This streamlined multisport GPS running watch is designed for athletes who demand the best; Featuring over 80 sports modes, a wrist heart rate monitor, and training summary with graphs and lap tables.
- Built To Last: Made for training, racing and extreme adventures, this GPS watch delivers up to 120 hours of continuous exercise tracking; Water resistant to 100 meters; Great for running, hiking, cycling and more.
- Get Connected: Connect to your favorite sports apps and services from the Suunto app to get more from your watch; Share with your sports communities and access specific training analysis and guidance.
- Adventure Starts Here: Combining Scandinavian design with ultra durable materials, our watches track your sports, daily activity, and sleep to help you keep life, training and recovery in balance.
- Authentic Heritage: Founded in 1936, Suunto brings over 80 years of high quality heritage craftsmanship, relentless accuracy, and pioneering innovation to our watches, compasses, and dive products.
- MILITARY-LEVEL DURABILITY: U. S. Military standard 810G passed for extreme temperatures, drop, humidity and water resistance (up to 100 meters). Polar Grit X shows you current weather and a 2-day forecast.
- LIGHTEST OUTDOOR WATCH WITH BUILT-IN GPS: This multi-sport watch comes with a compass and altimeter (in a training mode), ultra-long battery life and Polar’s unique training features.
- LEARN TO REFUEL: Stay energized throughout your sessions with the new FuelWise fueling assistant.
- ELEVATE YOUR GOALS: Automatically detected uphill and downhill stats from Hill Splitter tell you how you performed on the ascent and descent sections of your route by using your speed, distance and altitudedata.
- STAY ON THE RIGHT PATH: The real-time turn-by-turn route guidance and route import from Komoot keep you on the right track and help you explore new areas safely. Plan multi-day routes, create personal collections, use worldwide offline maps and much more.
- Fit for performance with rugged, sophisticated design that features an always-on 1.3” (18% larger than previous Fenix models) sunlight-readable display with bezels in stainless steel, titanium or diamond-like carbon (DLC) coating.
- Enhanced estimated wrist heart rate and Pulse Ox to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation at high elevations (this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition).
- Advanced training features include PacePro for grade-adjusted pace guidance throughout your activity plus environmentally adjusted VO2 max and training status estimates.
- Navigate the outdoors with preloaded topo maps, ski maps for over 2,000 worldwide ski resorts, multiple global navigation satellite system (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) support and built-in sensors for 3-axis compass, gyroscope and barometric altimeter.
- Support for Garmin Pay contactless payments (not all countries and payment networks are eligible), music storage with premium streaming service (may require subscription with third-party music provider) support, smart notifications and more.
- Battery performance: Up to 14 days in smart Watch mode, up to 10 hours in GPS and music mode, up to 28 days in expedition GPS activity mode, and up to 48 days in battery saver Watch mode.
- Included components: Fenix 6, Charging/data cable, Documentation.
- Premium GPS running/triathlon smartwatch with music
- Download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer (may require premium subscription with a third party music provider).
- Performance monitoring features include Vo2 Max and training status with adjustments for heat, altitude Acclimation status, training load focus, recovery time, and aerobic and anaerobic training effects.
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution (available for supported cards from participating banks) lets you make convenient payments with your watch so you can leave your cash and cards at home.
- Full color, onboard maps guide you on your run so you never get lost during your workout.
- Safety and tracking features include incident detection (during select activities) which sends your real-time location to emergency contacts through your paired compatible smartphone.
- Battery life: Up to 2 weeks in smartwatch mode, 10 hours in GPS mode with music or up to 60 hours in ultratrac mode. Display resolution – 240 x 240 pixels.
- GPS running watch keeps track of your energy levels, Pulse Ox (this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition), respiration, menstrual cycle, stress, sleep, estimated heart, hydration and more.
- Easily download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon music or Deezer (may require a premium subscription with a third party music provider), and connect with headphones (sold separately) for phone free listening.
- Record all the ways to move with more than 20 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more.
- Get easy to follow, animated workouts right on your watch screen, including cardio, strength, yoga and Pilates.
- Battery life: Up to 8 days in smartwatch mode; Up to 6 hours in GPS and music mode
- Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our connect IQ store.
- Safety and tracking features include incident detection (during select activities) and assistance (when paired with a compatible device), which both send your real time location to emergency contacts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Garmin more accurate than Fitbit?
The entire range of Garmin watches is waterproof. For longer pool sessions Garmin watches are more accurate than Fitbit. They have more accurate metrics and swimming focused features.
Which Garmin should I buy?
10TechGuide’s top recommendations for Garmin are;
- Garmin fenix 6 Pro, Premium Multisport GPS Watch
- Garmin vivoactive 4, GPS Smartwatch
- Garmin 010-02063-00 Forerunner 945
- Garmin Forerunner 245, GPS Running Smartwatch
- Garmin Forerunner 645 Music, GPS Running Watch
To get most out of your running sessions you should have a GPS running watch. These watches maintain stats of your running. Helps your run keep organized. The above recommended GPS watches are top rated and tested by experts. Go through the complete list to select the best fit.